Renewable energy alternatives
Metals is an energy- and carbon fuel-intensive industry, and as yields-per-ton continue to decline, and more raw material needs to be moved per unit of product, energy has become a significant cost factor.
Technology and solutions needed to fully optimize energy usage through energy efficiency, energy management, renewable energy, and new energy technologies.
Our hybrid generation photo voltaic systems allow for development of hybrid system architecture,s addressing the most economical energy mix.
In high irradiation areas, low levelized cost of energy (LCOE) is achieved by Solar PV:
- Solar PV is scalable as plants are designed based on standardized building blocks.
- Solar power systems can be built quickly, even in difficult climates.
- Power can be produced where it is needed, and without transmission line losses.
- Solar can be combined with diesel gensets and battery systems to form a micro-grid that does not rely on the grid.
Schneider Electric has expertise in the key disciplines to deliver effective renewable-based systems:
- Worldwide solution capabilities
- Metals process experience
- Solar power solutions
- Micro-grid expertise
- Integration of renewable energy into other systems
Reduce your impact on the environment
Greener and more sustainable operations